Sunday, May 26, 2013

Perspective

     New administrative appointments came out this week.  I was thrilled to be placed at one of my current schools and another school nearby.  The next morning I found out that the principal I admire and emulate is being moved to the district office.  She will be wonderful there, just as she is with us.  The promotion is bittersweet for her.
     I felt sorry for myself for losing her, sad for her, and angry at myself for not being worthy of taking her place.  Instead of replacing her, a brand new principal will take her place.  I felt horrible that district people didn't see me as good enough to take her place so I could promise things wouldn't change.
     Another woman was placed as an assistant principal at the same time I was placed.  She sent me an e-mail Friday congratulating me on my new assignment.  She ended the e-mail by saying, "The District must have a lot of trust in you to have you there helping her."  Her words got me rethinking the situation.  Maybe, instead of thinking they thought I was doing a bad job, maybe they felt confident that Jill would be able to go to the district office because I am strong enough to support a brand new principal as she learns her job.
     I am so grateful for the people in my life who help me see things in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment